Web Hosting Service
Web hosting is a subscription service. All websites require web hosting service. It involves:
- The configuration and maintenance of web server hardware and software, which responds when users request web pages and related resources associated with your domain,
- Space on that web server in which to store web content for public access, and
- Optionally, the configuration and maintenance of email server hardware and software, which responds when users attempt to send and receive email messages associated with your domain.
Subscription websites come with web hosting included, so it doesn't have to be obtained separately. (Regarding whether your subscription website also comes with email service, please see your subscription agreement.)
For client-owned websites (as opposed to subscription websites), you have two web hosting options:
1. Trillium Full-Service Value-Added Web Hosting
Full-service value-added (FSVA) web hosting is available for $56 semiannually. This includes one hosted website with 200 MB of storage space, 2 GB of monthly bandwidth, one hosted MySQL database, and up to 8 email accounts matching your domain. We administer it for you, so there is no technical work for you to do in administering your web hosting account. Instead, just contact us
and let us know what you require.
2. Self-Service (Conventional) Web Hosting
For self-service web hosting, we recommend the Cloud1
plan at MDD Web Hosting
, which sells for $10/month.
Domain registration is a subscription service, renewable annually. It is the means by which you establish and maintain your right to control a domain. All websites require domain registration. So if you don't already have a domain name, you'll need one.
Before you commit to a domain, have you considered choosing a domain rich in relevant keywords? This is perhaps the most cost-effective means to draw traffic to your website. So if you're going to order search engine optimization services (during which your relevant keywords will be identified), then perhaps you should hold off registering your domain name until that's complete. Or if you already know your keywords, we recommend you choose a domain name that contains your most important ones (instead of, or in conjunction with, your business name). Since new customers don't know your business name yet, a domain based upon your business name misses an opportunity.
For domain registration, we recommend Namesilo
, which has reliable service and competitive rates.
Please contact us regarding any questions or to discuss your web hosting needs.